Corporate Graphic Designer, Brand and Web Site Developer, Artist
Clina was born and raised in Chile. After graduating from the University of Chile in 1972, she moved to Raleigh, NC, where she began her lifelong career as a graphic designer.
Clina’s love for the arts began when she was a child and was influenced by her great grandfather, Antonio Polloni, who was a celebrated Chilean painter. Throughout her thirty-five year professional career as a graphic designer, branding and marketing communications expert, Clina has lived and worked in several cities, including Washington DC, Atlanta and Raleigh.
Her experience and expertise needs to be divided in two different careers but at the same time connected through the arts. A designer and an artist.
Clina started in a drawing board, like all designers did years ago! but as technology advances, she went through the high tech evolution. Today she is an expert in branding, marketing and website development, learning and applying new technology to her work every day. A Creative Director at Polloni Design, Inc. a full service agency, a corporate identity, website and brand developing firm located in Raleigh, NC. Polloni Design clients includes numerous large and small companies engaged in such industries as construction, communications, technology, pharmaceutical, dental and health care, education, real estate, to name just a few.
Previously, Clina was the Creative Director for the Automotive Department of Miller Zell Design Center, a large Atlanta based advertising and promotions agency, where she designed and supervised merchandising campaigns for such recognized clients as Mazda, Nissan, Suzuki, Texaco, Honda, Mitsubishi, Chevrolet and Hyundai. As an independent designer, she has also worked with companies engaged in such industries as magazine publishing, soft drink bottling, medical services, commercial development, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, shopping centers and high-tech electronics.
Her colorful oil paintings are inspired by her love for people, animals and nature, expressing her art through the canvas in oil painting. Her art has been exhibited in many places, including North Carolina. In 2004 founded "Arts by Us" inspired by her friends that wanted to learn to paint together in a family environment. You can view her art by visiting her website at http://www.clinapolloni.com/
Art is a wonderful media to enhance a promotional campaign. Illustrations in oil painting, acrylics and water colors can add a hole new exiting dimension to a marketing promotional material, like brochures, ads and even websites. Clina has accomplish this by creating illustrations for all purposes including covers of magazines or the 2008-2009 Season of the Opera of North Carolina.
2008 to 2010 - Owned studio gallery at the Carter building in Raleigh, NC.
2011 - Toughed painting workshops at Michaels in South Point, Durham, NC. Representing Grumbacher Academy Acrylics paints.
2014- Continues teaching painting classes and painting at her home studio.
- 2014 - September 6, donated a painting “The 9/11 Children” to pay tribute to our Veterans.
- 2010 - Clina Polloni exhibited at the North Carolina State Capitol in Raleigh and the Museum of the Cape Fear Historical Complex in Fayetteville, NC. These exhibitions were presented by the North Carolina Historic Sites.
- 2008 – Latin American Women’s Excellence Award. This award is presented by The Mental Health Association in North Carolina and The Latin American Women’s Club “LAWC” to recognize and support the efforts and talents of the Latin women, who with leadership and optimism, work for the well-being of their community.
- 2005 - “The Pride Of Our Community” Award. Each year, Univision 40 gives this award to someone that they believe is an example of excellence and perseverance in the Hispanic Community.
- 2000 - Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of NC., Board Member.
- 1999 - NC Bid Committee-2007 Pan American Games, Interpreter.
- 1999 - The Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador.
- 1999 - Special Olympics World Summer Games, Language Services Manager.